|1(5)/1999, p. 69
Ewa Łużyniecka, Jerzy Piskozub
A study on architecture and repair works of the first power plant in Wroclaw
This study was made in connection with repair works carried out in the power plant situated at the junction of Mennicza and Wierzbowa streets. An architectonic investigation of the cellars underneath the plant was accomplished. Based on the investigation and iconographic analysis, the history was traced as regards the development of this building plot. A particular attention has been pa id to the history of the first power plant in Wrocław, which was erected there in 1891, and then transformed to a switch station in 1909. A project has been put forward in the study of how to dry and insulate the walls and floor of the cellars.